Monday, 3 October 2011

Lez Have Some Fun, Okay Lez Not...

Apologies for the lateness of this blog post, due to work I do have to work long unsociable hours. Was all set to blog yesterday (Sunday) as I mentioned on Twitter till I could not sign in AT ALL – finally the administrator got round to resetting my password to my email account this morning and ta da here I am! I have missed blogging.

I was that type of girl who loved her BlackBerry and was always on it (not too extreme though!) Anyways this summer I got myself an iPhone, fancied a change. Since then my popularity with Apple fans has gone up ahaha. Seeing my friends are also iPhone fanatics they're always suggesting 'get this app, get that app', now I have these ridiculous apps which I know I'm never going to use but makes my iPhone 'appear busy'.

Couple weeks ago whilst having the usual ritual of dinner and drinks and lots of chatting with friends, the topic about my single life came up. I don't know why in a space of couple of days of last seeing them they think my love life had miraculously changed. So lately my friends keep saying the same thing “you've just got put yourself out there” and they are right. Trying to balance my work and social life I'll be honest and say it's been hard putting my self out there due to the fact I actually don't know many lesbians. In all honesty I have many gay male friends and one lesbian friend. Yes you read right, one lesbian friend. Anyways during dinner my friend took my iPhone and went “you know there is a lesbian version of grindr, called "el" - for those who are unaware grindr is an app for gay/bi men to chat and well you can imagine. I laughed, how did he know that and I didn't?! Anyways after much laughing and debating that I made clear he should not sign me up, he signed me up!

"Try it out" they said, so I did. Sooo what did I think of 'el'?? Hmmm first off I did not like these straight couples messaging me wanting to know all sorts about myself and asking if I was up for their 'arrangement'. Don't they have personal ads for these things like in the paper?! Then came these girls who barely wore anything in their pictures and was like “heyyyaaa babes up for some fun?”, deary me think I got myself into some kind of lesbian underground soft porn cult. There was only one girl who was actually seemed okay and did tell me the ins and outs of 'el'. In the end after a week of having the app I deleted it, it just wasn't for me...and to be honest don't think I have wanted to meet someone from there.

So yes the single life continues but stay tuned there are a few updates I'll be telling you about this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment