Is it just me that's noticed there hasn't been any new lesbian films or TV shows on our screens lately? I rarely have sundays off where I can just relax, so I fancied watching some sort of lesbian drama. Now I rarely have my gay moments where I only just want to watch lesbian films/TV shows. I've watched Imagine Me and You so many times and although I have a huge crush on Lena Headey I'd like to watch something new. Lip Service isn't back onto our screens till next year so I'm wondering what else can I watch?! And to be honest I don't like some of these webisodes that's available on the internet. However I read about Here Come The Girls 3, actually watched that, it's worth seeing – a number of short lesbian films put into one.
Anyways this got me thinking if we're in the 21st century and shows like Secret Diary have been on then why isn't there a lesbian drama on prime time TV? It's like us lesbians have to wait a long time before any type of lesbian show is allowed to be shown. From my memory I've seen The L Word, then I watched a bit of South of Nowhere, the films Imagine Me and You, Loving Annabelle and Gray Matters. Then recently The Real L Word, Lip Service and Candy Bar Girls. Notice from the list it's one British show we've had on a prime channel, what is going on here?!? Why is it so hard to have a British drama show like The L Word where we have lesbian characters living good but glamourous lives going through real life experiences?!?
Sunday, 25 September 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment