Monday, 19 September 2011

Welcome To My Lesbian World

So it's about 6 years since I came out to my closest friends that I'm a lesbian and 4 years since I came out to everyone else. In the years that I've been out I've had one serious relationship, a date or two and errr that's about it. If you ever watched The L Word and thought lesbian life can be so effortless glamorously for lesbians then you've been mislead! Now I'm not saying lesbians in London (where I'm from) don't lead a wonderful life and by wonderful I mean having endless girls falling at your feet, a number of dates to look forward to in a week, a chick you can holla at anytime because you're the hot stuff around town and someone to spoon with at night – whoever they are they are lucky bitches!

My lesbian life is far from what I mentioned above, I'm in my 20s, career going great, wonderful friends but no love life. People when they first meet me always assume I've been lucky in love department all the time with men. When in fact I've never been with a guy, how ironic. Coming out to people I still remember their shock faces, kind of funny when I look back on it. To this day I still get people even gay men saying I don't look like a typical lesbian. Sometimes I want to scream at the fact I do not need to act or dress in a particular way so that people mainly lesbians can pick up the fact I'm a lesbian. I'm not super girly, my style is trendy and fashionable, I wear what suits me and what I'm comfortable in. Yes I do love my make up but I never over do it and my hair varies, sometimes it's long and straight, sometimes it's a sleek bob. I'm rarely in heels but if there is a special occasion or work do then yes you'll see me glammed up to the nines. Other than that I'm just your normal lesbian living in London who loves rocking out her leather jacket and flat shoes with over sized accessories.

So I've finally decided after years of writing for other people I'm now going to write for myself, blog about at the fact I'm a single lesbian finding it hard to find some sort of romance in the heart of London! I never used to be fussed before about being single, always took one day at a time but now that everyone is finding 'the one' and starting to buy houses with their partners or having babies I've seem to be placed on their 'poor single friend shelf'. I'm not saying my life is over but in all honesty it would be nice if met someone too...and by that least get a date by the end of 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment